8.22.2007

MOCA X Murakami Collabo

I was soooo excited when I ran across this article in the LA Times...MOCA will be having an exhibit with Takashi Murakami this fall...The exhibit starts in October and will run until February...What's unusual about this exhibit is that there will be a Louis Vuitton pop up store in the middle of the museum...According to the Times, the items being sold at the pop up store will be marked around $300 higher than at the LV store...There will be at least one new item available at MOCA that will not be available anywhere else...A lot of people think this is some sort of conflict in interest but very honestly...I dunno... I think the melding of art and fashion is always good ish...Hey maybe they can get Kanye to perform at the opening reception...Now THAT would be hot...



In other MOCA news...In October they also have an exhibit opening titled "Black Panther: The Revolutionary Art of Emory Douglas" ...It is a collection of work Emory Douglas created while he was Minister of Culture for the Black Panther Party...The exhibit includes over 150 works and I can't wait to see it...If you really know me you'll know I'm a revolutionary at heart...Every now and then you'll even see me throw my fist in the air...The fact that MOCA recognizes the brillance of his graphic design enough to present it to the next generation is why they're my favorite museum (sorry LACMA)...Check it out...Feed your inner-renaissance man...and oh yeah...Power to The People...

No comments:

Post a Comment