1.12.2007

XM to join SIRIUS?!!!


Just a couple days ago a bunch of us in the office were thinking about subscribing to Sirius...One of my co-workers got a Sirius Radio for Xmas and that prompted the conversation...I already get limited Sirius channels through The Dish Network and I absolutely LOVE the hip hop stations...I think the only one I don't get through Dish is the mixtape station and I think I'm probably missing out on some great music...

This whole discussion prompted me to go to the Sirius site and Wikipedia to learn a lil more about Sirius...

On the Sirius site I quickly discovered that for $500 you can have a lifetime (of the radio) subscription...it's approx. $13 a month so $500 is about 3 yrs of month to month payments so the investment is worth it...

The Wikipedia site revealed the following facts...
Sirius currently has fewer subscribers compared to competitor XM Satellite Radio, with 6.024 million (as of January 2, 2007), less than XM's current audience of roughly 7.6 million (as of January 5, 2007). However, Sirius is gaining new subscribers at a faster rate than XM. In 2006, Sirius added a record 2.7 million net subscribers to XM's less than 1.7 million

So after I shared this info with the rest of the peeps in the office we decided that maybe it was time to buy stock in Sirius... a quick google showed that as of a couple days ago Sirius stock was at $3.71 a share...not too bad...might be a good investment...

Then someone sent me this link from Business Week...
Shares of satellite radio operators XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. and Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. rose Friday, on speculation that the companies might merge or combine in another way.

I can almost guarantee there goes my option to buy stock...wish Xmas fell in November...maybe we woulda made these discoveries then before all Hell broke loose...If you can afford to buy stock now you might wanna do it...


1 comment:

  1. Yortaz trutto, atei ma marlonesta respodeh... Foisapesse mialicia, cricoistos rescasum. Homigo ya, kazemprescol occattoste carlembe inf?

    ReplyDelete